USAble Mutual Insurance Company understands how important it is to keep your private information just that — private. Because of the nature of our business, we must collect some personal information from our members, but we also are committed to maintaining, securing and protecting that information.
USAble Mutual only compiles information necessary for us to provide the services that you, our member, request from us and to administer your business. We collect nonpublic personal financial information (defined as any information that can be tied back to a specific person and is gathered by any source that is not publicly available) about our members from:
- Applications for insurance coverage. The application includes information such as name, address, personal identifiers such as Social Security number, and medical information that you authorize us to collect.
- Payment history and related financial transactions from the purchase and use of our products.
- Information related to the fact that you have been or currently are a member.
Sharing of Information
USAble Mutual does not disclose, and does not wish to reserve the right to disclose, nonpublic personal information about you to our affiliates or other parties except as permitted or required by law. Examples of instances in which USAble Mutual may provide personally-identifiable information about you (including but not limited to name, postal and email addresses, telephone numbers, and related nonpublic financial information) to affiliates or other third parties are:
- To service or process products that your employees have requested.
- To provide information as permitted and required by law to accrediting agencies.
- To provide information to comply with federal, state or local laws in an administrative or judicial process.
- To provide information to a business associate (including one of our affiliated companies) working with USAble Mutual in providing services to your health plan.
How We Protect Your Information
USAble Mutual uses various security mechanisms to protect your personal data including electronic and physical measures as well as company policies that limit employee access to nonpublic personal financial information. Improper access and use of confidential information by a USAble Mutual employee can result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Disclosure of Privacy Notice
USAble Mutual recognizes and respects the privacy concerns of potential, current and former customers. USAble Mutual is committed to safeguarding this information. This Financial Information Privacy Notice is provided for informational purposes and will be updated and distributed as required by law. It is also available on our website at usablemutual.com or from our Customer Service Call Centers. Our Customer Service Call Centers are open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Central time, Monday through Friday.
USAble Mutual Insurance Company — 1-800-519-2583
Self-funded group members should call Customer Service
using the toll-free telephone number on their ID card.