Prenotification of Hospital Admissions
Admission precertification is no longer required for routine hospital admissions,
which includes hospitalization, surgery and diagnostic testing performed at in-network
facilities. However, if services are performed at an out-of-network facility or
outside of Arkansas, it is your responsibility to notify the utilization management
company by calling the pre-certification number on your ID card.
Special Delivery is a program that provides education and support services regarding
health-plan benefits to expectant mothers with normal or high-risk pregnancies.
This program has been designed with input from top obstetricians to educate pregnant
women regarding their risk factors. As an enrollee in the program, benefits covered
by the health plan include:
- Educational materials including two reference books, Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy and Taking Care of Your Child;
- Customized educational material specific to the individual's health status and needs;
- Risk assessment as early into pregnancy as possible, then again at 24 weeks;
- Access to an obstetric nurse and pediatric nurse, who can answer questions or concerns;
- Coverage of specialized services if they become necessary.
More Information on Special Delivery:
Program description, resource list and enrollment information.